Sunday, January 30, 2011

Newsonomics

I just finished Newsonomics by Ken Doctor and really enjoyed his review of what is happening in the news industry. As someone who majored in journalism, but segued into advertising copywriting, I enjoyed the time that he gave to both sides. His subtitle "Twelve New Trends That Will Shape the News You Get" sums up the content of the book. People in the media know these things but perhaps not with the perspective and scope that Doctor gives them.

Although digital news is here to stay, niche magazines and, I daresay, some newspapers will hold their own in the future. There is so much information out there, I perfer to take mine in both digital and printed servings. As a person who spends a great deal of time in front of a desktop computer screen and a laptop, I still like to interface with real print publications. Magazines and books are a habit that I'm not likely to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment